The Amazingly Mundane Adventures of Humdrum Girl

Friday, March 31, 2006

SK8R GRL

I LOVE Rollerblading! As some of you may recall, I bought some roller baldes sometime last year and had yet to use them. I was waiting for Senora Paz to find hers in her storage unit so we could go and she could teach me. Then I met BD who played ice hockey and roller bladed and offered to teach me, this was last summer. But our schedules never worked out between his hockey and my kickball and we always missed the weekends. I thought I would never learn, especially when Sra. P wasn't able to find her blades and then she moved to South Dade County, much further that the 10 blocks away she had been.
Well, recently started talking to BD again and guess what?!? Went roller blading last night! So much fun. He picked me up and drove to Aventura where there is a 3 mile trail near the mall. I don't think he understood how I had NEVER rollerbladed before. I've roller skated and ice skated, but these roller blades frightened the be-jesus out of me. We pulled into the parking lot and I asked "Can we practice here first?", he replied "No, we'll just go right to the trail.". Well, that all changed when I put on the blades and as I tried to get up, promptly slid onto the ground. "Okay, why don't we practice first." BD stated as I lay on the ground.
So, we actually just skated around the parking lot for 2 hours until the mall security kicked us out. And I finally got the hang of it, so next time I'm ready for the trail!
Hopefully, we'll get out there this weekend. I've got the JDRF Walk Saturday morning and was going to try to make a visit to the Paz Residence also.
More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home