The Amazingly Mundane Adventures of Humdrum Girl

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Just Call Me Angel Of The Morning

There ya go, Sis!
I have never been a morning person and have always enjoyed being able to sleep in on weekends. However, lately I have been unable to sleep past 8am and it's driving me crazy. While many weekends it's a good thing because I can get stuff done early but I really looking forward to sleeping in today since I've been so tired all week. But NO! Woke up at 8am and couldn't go back to sleep. Part of this I blame on Beau, who's been a bit of a pill in the morning lately. But he has no problem going back to sleep after waking me up.
So, last night I caved and signed up for the MLB sports package on my cable so now I can watch all the Orioles games on TV in my living room. I was trying to find a bar down here that would show the Orioles games, but had no luck. Of course there's tons that have the Yankees, Red Sox, and the Marlins are always on, but no O's. This surprised me considering they host Spring Trainig for the O's here, but no support during the season.
Since the trade of my precious Larry Bigbie last year to Colorodo (he's since been traded to St. Louis) I've been looking for another substitute to drool over.
Bigbie in his Baltimore days:
I like to call this one "Nice Gloves".
While watching the O's get killed by the Sox last night, I may have found my new boytoy.
Ladies, I introduce you to Nick Markakis.
Not too many pictures up of him yet as he's just been called up this season, but we'll see how it goes.

2 Comments:

  • YUM!!! Both Nick & Larry. YUM.

    Funny because I was doing a bit of research this AM on my new Braves boytoy - Jeff Francoeur. 22 and YUMMY! Was gonna post but then I got distracted.

    Dude, the sleeping thing is age. I'm so happy when i can manage to sleep past 7:30 it's not even funny! We're old!

    By Blogger ETK, at 11:57 AM  

  • I have a friend who's older than ETK :) and she can sleep til 1pm every Saturday and Sunday. I have no idea how she does it. MTH wishes that I would sleep later. Sometimes, I think that Phoebe wishes I would sleep later. She looks at me like "why are you moving me"?

    By Blogger MMH, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home