The Amazingly Mundane Adventures of Humdrum Girl

Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm A Loser Baby

The O's got swept this weekend by the Sox, and badly, so they're now in last place of the AL East. The good news is they are tied with the Yankees for last place. So we got that going for us.
Since last season, BD and I have bets for each O's/Sox series. Basically the winner gets to pick out something for the loser to wear of the winning team and ridicule them in public. Got a text message from him this afternoon that he's already got the shirt he wants me to wear. Of course he still owes me from last season when the Sox couldn't seem to beat to the O's, so this time will probably be a mutual ridicule.
This weekend I went to my company picnic on Saturday and as usual did not win anything in the raffle. For those who don't know, every large company function we have they have a raffle in which they give away cash and vacation days, up to $500 and up to 1 week extra vacation. I've been to many of these functions, in fact all of them since I've been working there, and have yet to win anything in the raffle. So of course the one time that I leave early is when I will finally win, since you have to be present to win.
After the picnic, I picked up Beau and we headed over to Casa de Perez to hang out and watch movies. We watched "Just Friends" with Ryan Reynolds and it was hilarious! If you get a chance rent it. Ryan Reynolds is great! The next movie we watched was "Waiting" also with Ryan Reynolds, this was slow to start and not as good as the first movie.
So, today has been pretty slow. Luckily Beau was so exhausted from playing with Louis that I was able to get a couple extra hours of sleep after I woke up at 7:30 this morning. I went to the grocery store since my fridge has been empty for the past two weeks. Came home, did laundry and then watched the Orioles game.
Now, Beau is passed out on the couch for his 5th nap of the day as I update my blog.
Spoke to ETK today as she was driving home from Pensacola with RAK and I'm so excited to go visit them in July. Got my plane ticket on Friday and can't wait for July to arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home