The Amazingly Mundane Adventures of Humdrum Girl

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Love Song For No One

Alright haven't posted in awhile and thought I should now since Sis and ETK have been having conversations in the comments on my last one. So here's a new idea I've come up with to try and post at least once a week. I've been shuffling through my ipod lately and thought I would do a music series. Seems appropriate since I use song titles and lyrics for my blog titles. The series will be about which songs I've been really into listening to on my ipod.

The first one I'll start with is Love Song For No One by John Mayer. Here's some of the lyrics:

Staying home alone on a Friday
Flat on the floor looking back
On old love
Or lack thereof
After all the crushes are faded
And all my wishful thinking was wrong
I'm jaded
I hate it

I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
So tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
Get here

Searching all my days just to find you
I'm not sure who I'm looking for
I'll know it
When I see you
Until then, I'll hide in my bedroom
Staying up all night just to write
A love song for no one

I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
So tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here


Thought that this song was pretty approprate for me in the following ways:
1. From my past relationships, I think I am pretty jaded as mentioned in the first verse. And I think I do hate it. As many of you know I do tend to have a short attention span with relationships and I think my love of movies has me waiting for that big "lighting-bolt" which in reality most likely doesn't exist.
2. The part about "hurry up and get here" reminds me of the days when ETK and I would lay around in our pajamas all day in our apartment and order chinese food from the restaurant in our back yard. I would always say that Mr. Right would know where to find me and should just knock on the door so I wouldn't have to go out and find him.
3. The second verse also relates to the lighting-bolt moment. I've only had one relationship where I really felt those butterflies in my stomach the first time I saw someone but our timing was just never right. We were always able to pick up right where we left off but in the end, timing always screwed us up in one way or another.

So, that's the first in my music series. I've got some other stuff to post about as well that I'll work on. But this will get Sis and ETK off my back for a little bit, I hope.

Happy New Year to all!

2 Comments:

  • Interesting, let's see if you keep up the posting. Why not try plans/resolutions for 2008 (like ETK)?
    Should be a self-analytical year for both of us. John Mayer is always good, short attention span, maybe lack of trust (it's mum's fault right?)

    By Blogger DLM, at 7:51 PM  

  • very very nice. It will keep you from comment bashing for maximum 5 days. :)

    I think you should do resolutions and if you swear to have more sex..... :D

    By Blogger ETK, at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home