The Amazingly Mundane Adventures of Humdrum Girl

Thursday, February 21, 2008

She's Not Ladylike

Mrs. K will know what song that lyric is from. :)

So, played poker with my fellow neighbors, Warsh, Yeti and NJ tonight and wanted to relay the following story. Warsh had the plan to ply yours truly with wine b/c my poker playing becomes much looser when filled with wine. But it backfired!!! Was knocked out first but bought back in and managed to take BOTH Warsh and Yeti down in ONE HAND!!! Ended up splitting the cash with NJ, but was super pissed that Yeti had the nerve to say, "Well, you just got lucky." Pardon my french, but I call bullshit! While I am the only girl in the poker game, do not discount how well I slow played those suckers to knock them out. I ROCK!!! 'nuff said!

3 Comments:

  • You do rock! Actually I think women might have the advantage in poker.

    By Blogger DLM, at 2:00 PM  

  • No poker this week?

    By Blogger DLM, at 8:14 PM  

  • Well...you do rock, but I hesitate to think that your success in poker proves that.

    I do believe, however, that being slightly ****faced in an advantage in poker...a sort of silly grin hides all the nuances of expression that give one away to good players.

    Not that I've ever won anything..but fun to think about.

    By Blogger Pete and Jan, at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home